MEASHAM MEDICAL UNIT
Village Information Poster for JANUARY
Wednesday 18th January 2017 and Thursday 9th February 2017
New Stroke and Disability Club starting at Measham Library Wednesday 11th January 1pm – 3pm (and then each Wednesday afternoon)
NEW SURGERY SHUTTLE: We're delighted that The Boardman-Weston Charitable Fund has kindly purchased and fully funded a new minibus. As before, the Surgery Shuttle will operate a scheduled service to our out-lying villages. Our patients living in Measham can take advantage of the service on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays.
The minibus can be booked by telephone at the time of making your appointment or in person with our reception staff.
COLD WEATHER: Follow these tips to keep you, your family and those around you warm and well in extremely cold weather:
* Draw your curtains at dusk and keep your doors closed to block out draughts.
* Have regular hot drinks and eat at least one hot meal a day if possible. Eating regularly helps keep energy levels up during winter.
* Wear several light layers of warm clothes (rather than one chunky layer).
* Keep as active in your home as possible.
* Wrap up warm and wear shoes with a good grip if you need to go outside on cold days.
* If you have reduced mobility, are 65 or over, or have a health condition such as heart or lung disease, you should heat your home to at least 18C. It's a good idea to keep your bedroom at this temperature all night if you can and make sure you wear enough clothes to stay warm. During the day, you may prefer your living room to be slightly warmer.